There is a great article from Yelena Zaslavskaya on the Office of Administrative Law Judges’ website about medical benefits. The article, Medical Benefits Under Section 7 of the LHWCA: Select Issues, address some key topics which come up often in the Longshore and Defense Base Act arenas:
- Authority of Administrative Law Judges versus the District Director
- Types of medical expenses covered by the Longshore Act
- Employer-provided housing and related expenses
- The reasonable cost of medical expenses
- The reasonable distance to travel for medical treatment
- Coverage/reimbursement for past medical expenses
Click here to go straight to the article. I highly recommend checking it out.